If you are planning to make a trip abroad, then it is always a good idea to have travel medical insurance in case something unexpected happens. You never know when an accident or illness will occur, and paying for private medical services outside of Spain can be really expensive.
Usually, medical travel insurance includes the following basic coverages:
- Emergency medical attention.
- Expenses for hospitalization, medications, analyzes performed, etc.
- Medical attention in case of accidents.
In addition, many insurance companies gives you the possibility to include some additional coverages to your travel medical insurance:
- Emergency evacuation.
- Legal assistance.
- Repatriation in case of illness, accident or death.
- Coverage in case of loss of luggage or cancellation of the trip.
How can I get travel medical insurance?
- Travel agencies generally offer some type of travel medical insurance to customers who book full tour packages, but usually this are very basic coverages.
- Some credit cards also include certain coverages, especially if you pay for the trip with the card.
- The insurance companies that work in the health area are the ones that can usually offer you full travel medical insurance.
Sanitas Health Insurance Spain includes emergency medical attention abroad in its policies.
If you are looking for a medical insurance that suits your needs, whether it is only for a coverage in Spain or including reimbursement that allows you to receive medical care anywhere in the world, then fell free to conctact us for a non-binding quote.