Sanitas Primero offers medical assistance without hospital admission with advantageous prices for surgery and hospitalization, and will allow you to have the best private health services: free access to specialists, shorter waiting lists and more personalized attention, among others, at a price Reduced and with the guarantee of Sanitas.
Sanitas Primero offers a complete outpatient service (Consultations, diagnostic tests and therapies) all at a reduced premium.
Surgical operations that do not require hospitalisation are also included in this policy (interventions of this kind represent approximately 44% of all surgical operations).
If hospitalisation is required for a hospital stay or for surgery (emergency situations not applicable) you may voluntarily contribute to the cost of the service required. These services need to be arranged prior to the date of hospital admission.
The costs of these services vary depending on the type of service required and are divided into 3 categories:
|Level 1||1.000 €||2, 3 and 4 Hospitalisation without surgical intervention|
|Level 2||2.000 €||5 and 6 Surgical operation e.g. caesarean birth|
|Level 3||3.000 €||7 and 8 Major surgical operations e.g. open heart operations|
>>> Check here the corresponding level of services that you require when arranging your admission to hospitalShould you need to undergo more than one surgical procedure at the same time, you will be charged for the surgery that has been classified as the most critical.
Cover included in Sanitas Primero
- General Medicine: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Nursing and emergencies.
- Access to all medical specialties: Paediatrics, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Obstetrics (midwifery) etc.
- Diagnostic tests and therapies: Clinical analysis nursing service, emergency service, ambulance service, anatomic pathology, aerosol- therapy, ventilo-therapy, chemotherapy, psychology, gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmologist (oculist) and special attention in the home.
- Surgical interventions and hospitalisation at special prices.
- Sanitas have the best hospitals, medical centres and professionals in our health network: Hospitals such as The Zarzuela (Madrid), La Moraleja (Madrid), and the Millenium Centres throughout Spain are all equipped with state of the art technology and the latest equipment, where you will receive personalised treatment at all times.
- Psychology: Sanitas is a pioneer in incorporating this service. You can receive individual treatment for mental health issues such as anorexia, stress, depression, marital problems and insomnia.
- Second Medical Opinion: Clients can opt for a second medical opinion for serious chronic illnesses such as cancer from renowned international prestigious Specialists.
- Sanitas Responds: Free client help line, personalised for people needing special continuing care after being hospitalised.
- Foreign Travel Emergency Medical Assistance: Foreign emergency medical help is provided in collaboration with EUROP ASSISTANCE and covers you up to a limit of €10,000 per person.
- Sanitas 24 Hours: With just one call you can arrange a consultation with a Medical Professional, to discuss any doubts or questions you may have regarding your or your family´s health.
- Sanitas Welcome: 24 HOUR CLIENT HELP LINE where you can resolve any administration queries.
- Health Programmes: Sanitas wants to take more care of their clients, at every stage of their lives, with programmes such as the Mother & Baby Programme, the Cardiovascular Programmes, special units for genetic heart conditions and the genetic diagnostic unit.
- Hospitalisation: Individual Hospital rooms and a bed for a companion (except in cases of hospitalisation for psychological problems).
- Protection for the Family: In the event that the policy holder dies, the other beneficiaries also covered by the policy will not have to pay the premium for one year.
- Exclusive attention: In the Sanitas Hospitals and Medical Centres. In the Hospital Sanitas La Zarzuela, Sanitas Hospital La Moraleja and in the Millennium Centres, you can have all your consultations and diagnostic tests carried out in the same centre, using all the latest technological equipment.
- Future Fathers: There is also help to prepare the father-to-be.
- Basic Dental Cover: including checkups, x-rays, fillings, fissure sealing, apicoectomies, occlusal anaylsis, re-adhesion of prosthetic teeth, removal of cysts, abscess drainage, fluoridisation, extractions and yearly teeth cleaning. All other services carry a 40% discount to market price.
- Authorisation for services: It is not necessary to have prior authorisation from Sanitas for most of the health services that Sanitas provides.
- Other Health Services: Sanitas can also provide other services such as Excimer laser treatment, aesthetic solutions, assisted reproduction and medical check-ups at very attractive prices.
Services and Specialties included:
- Clinical Analysis
- Genetic Studies.
- Anatomical Pathology
- Anaesthetics and Resuscitation
- Angiology and Vascular Surgery
- Cardiovascular Surgery
- Gastric Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Paediatric Surgery
- Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Endocrinology and Nutrition
- Care of the Elderly (Geriatrics)
- Haematology and Hemotherapy
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine/Radioactive Isotopes
- PET and CT scans
- Clinical Neurophysiology
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Medical Oncology
- Radiotherapy Oncology
- Radiodiagnostics – Diagnostic Imaging
- Home visits
- Maternity Clinics
- Speech therapy
- Doctors, Surgeons and Consultations
- Ante-natal care
- Respiratory Medicine
- Pain relief
|Outpatient surgical operations||3 months|
|High-tech diagnostic tests||6 months|
|Childbirth or Caesarean||8 months|
|The following complex therapeutic methods: interventional cardiology, haemodynamics, interventional radiology, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and lithotripsy.||10 months|
|Tubal ligation and vasectomy||10 months|
|Hospitalisation and non-outpatient system surgical operations.||10 months|
And if you already have health insurance with a competitor, all waiting periods are eliminated except the one corresponding to childbirth.
Maximum age at inception date
The maximum age for purchasing this product is 75 years old. Once the contract is in place, there is no upper age limit for the policy to remain in force.
Cover age limit
There is no cover age limit.
- For a one-off annual payment: 4% discount
This is the additional amount that you must pay to use certain services. We provide details of these amounts in each of the services below:
|From 0 to 6 services||0 €|
|Fro 7 to 10 services||4 €|
|From 11 to 15 services||7 €|
|Over 15 services||10 €|
|Single co-payment in services requiring a high number of uses*: €12|
*Physiotherapy (10 sessions), ventilotherapy (15 sessions), oxygen therapy (30 days for BPAP and CPAP and 15 days for aerosol) and childbirth classes.
*The calculation of the services is carried out per insured person and per year.
(1) Premium valid for policies with an inception date up to 1/12/2015. Recruitment premium calculated for two or more insured persons aged 18 years old in Madrid; the premium varies depending on the age and origin of the insured person.
The premiums of this product will have a surcharge of 8% in the event that the policy is for just one insured person.
Minimum stay in Spain of 6 months a year. Medical assistance in the USA is not included.