- Choose the doctor of your preference, either in Spain or in the rest of the world. Sanitas Mundi is a mixed insurance policy giving you the benefit of the Sanitas network of medical professionals or the use of the reimbursement scheme.
- You will have access to 27,000 professional doctors and 517 Sanitas medical centres in Spain. Sanitas covers 100% of all medical bills when the Sanitas medical centres are used.
- You will have access to United Health Care hospitals and professionals in the USA, with 100% cover of all medical fees when authorised by Sanitas.
- Access to any medical centre or hospital in the world, with a reimbursement of 90% of medical bills up to the limit of €1000,000 when hospitalised and 80% for outpatient bills.
- From €113.77 per month.
- Cover includes: complete medical assistance, reimbursement of medical expenses, Sanitas network of doctors and a subsidy if hospitalised.
- Private room with a bed for a companion – if you are hospitalised you can always be accompanied.
- Sanitas 24 hours: with just one phone call you have a consultation with professional doctors for any doubts or questions you may have regarding your health.
- Second medical opinion: We put within your reach, international professionals for a second opinion in the case of serious illnesses such as cancer.
- Mundi Office: A team of professionals to resolve any doubts you might have, arrange your doctor’s visits and ensure you are reimbursed for your bills within a maximum of 10 working days.
- Health Programmes: In order that you can take care of yourself at every stage of your life, we have programmes such as the Mother & Baby Programme and also special units such as the Congenital Cardiac Disease Unit and the Advanced Unit for Genetic Diagnostics.
- Flexible Contract: You choose whether you use the Sanitas network of doctors or any other doctor and the hospital of your choice worldwide.
- Without co-payments: Access to all the Sanitas professionals with no further costs.
What is Covered?
- The best medical specialists at national and international levels: You will have access to 27,000 medical professionals and 517 Sanitas Medical Centres in Spain, Sanitas will cover 100% of the costs when the Sanitas network is used.
- Overseas Travel Assistance: You will have access to the hospitals and professionals of United Health Care in the USA, with 100% of the costs covered, when authorised by Sanitas.
- Choice: You will have access to any other hospital or doctor of your choice, worldwide. With Mundi 1000,000, Sanitas will reimburse you up to 90% of hospital bills and 80% for Outpatient bills.
- Emergency Medical Travel Assurance: In collaboration with Europ Assistance, with a cover of up to €12,000 per person, per claim.
- Psychology: Sanitas is a pioneer in introducing Psychology into their basic cover. It allows individual treatment for mental health disorders such as anorexia, depression, stress, marital problems and insomnia.
- Sanitas 24 hours: With only one call you can speak to medical professionals regarding any doubts or questions you might have about your health or your family´s health.
- Sanitas protection for your family: In the case of the death of the policyholder, the other beneficiaries of the policy will have the cost of the premium guaranteed by Sanitas for up to 1 year.
- Sanitas responds: An exclusive Pathology service for chronic illnesses and other special ailments, attended by specialised doctors.
- Sanitas welcome: A 24 hour client helpline where you can resolve any problem or obtain any help you need – manned by professional specialists.
- Breast reconstruction: immediate breast reconstruction during an operation where the breast has been totally or partially removed, allowing aesthetic and Psychological benefits at the same time.
- PET/TAC – advanced technology permitting more precise diagnosis for tumours.
- Non-invasive coronary angiography: The ultimate technology which permits the evaluation of the coronary arteries without using a more invasive technique
- Laser ORL: High precision surgery, permitting a more rapid recovery.
- Audio Emissions: A pre-diagnosis of deafness in newly born babies, carried out while still in hospital.
- Direct access to medical consultations.
- Exclusive attention in the Sanitas Hospitals and medical centres: In the Millennium centres you can undergo all your consultations and diagnostic tests, carried out in one centre and using the most advanced technology available today.
- Individual hospital room with a bed for a companion (except for Psychiatric hospitalisation and Intensive Care Units), with no limit on your stay (except for Psychiatric hospitalisation).
- Preferential treatment in many of our medical centres (found in your guide book).
- Optional supplemental for a dental discount: You can access services for dentistry, prosthesis, orthodontics, paediatric dentistry, cosmetic dentistry and many more
- Health services: for all Sanitas clients, access to services such as Refractive Surgery, Aesthetic Solutions, Assisted Reproduction and medical checkups, with very beneficial prices. For more information call 951255737 or 656628370.
- Includes accidental death cover of €60,000 per person.
- Without co-payments: access all our medical professionals in the Sanitas network without paying any extra charges for the services used.
- Allergies / immune system
- Human Pathology
- Anaesthesia and Resuscitation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gastric surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Paediatric surgery
- Recontructive and Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Care of the Elderly
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine/Radioactive Isotopic Medicine
- New Born Pathology
- Obstetrics (Midwifery)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Medicine
- Colorectal Surgery
- Trauma/Orthopaedic Surgery
- Doctors, surgeons and consultants
- Aerosol therapies and ventilotherapy
- Kidney dialysis
- Lithotrity of the bladder
- Speech therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Treatment for pain
- Children under the age of 14 can only be included in the policy if their parent or guardian is also included in the policy.
- The maximum age for contracting the Mundi 1,000,000 is 59 years.
- The maximum age for maintaining cover is 65 years, although you may request an extended cover from Sanitas.
The waiting period is from the time of signing the medical contract, to the time that the particular medical services may be used.
The medical insurance does not cover pre-existing medical conditions that were known before the signing of the contract.
|Sterilisation or vasectomy|
Hospitalisation (including birth)
Hospitalisation with Surgery
Physiotherapy, rehabilitation, laser, Speech
|Therapy, anatomical Pathology|
Radiotherapy, Chemotherapy, Cobalt therapy, Radioactive Isotope Therapy, Linear Accelerator (Linac Therapy), MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Bone Density Testing, Lithotrity, Digital Arteriography, Radio Neurosurgery and Prostate Hyperthermia.
Other interventions (not Outpatients)
One annual payment: – 4% discount
Bi-annual payment : – 2% discount
*All prices depend on age and location. Terms and Conditions Apply.